Thursday, January 19, 2012

Surprise Your Sweetie On Valentine's Day!

I have a confession to make: by the time Valentine's Day rolls around, I'm pretty much over it. I've barely put away my Christmas and Hanukkah decorations when it's time to plan for my husband's birthday on Feb. 4. I also have to contend with a birthday party for my youngest, whose birthday is Feb. 27th. Every year, my poor husband kind of gets ignored on Valentine's Day because I've had it with decorations, celebrations and gifts (thank goodness he's easily pleased by a giant box of chocolate), and don't really feel like spending a lot of money. Not that I would be upset to find a blue box with something sparkly in it for myself on Valentine's Day...but that's a whole other blog.

So, assuming that at least some of you are like me in that you'd like to surprise your Valentine with something sweet and sentimental but also easy and inexpensive, I came up with a few Uppercase Living designs. These can go on your bathroom mirror so s/he sees that you remembered first thing in the morning. They are also ridiculously inexpensive, especially with our current Buy 2, Get 1 FREE special. Of course, you can change fonts, colors, lettering in your own pieces, but you won't go wrong with either of these:


Of course, the possibilities are endless with this idea. You could make your mirror message the first (or last) clue in a Valentine's Day secret adventure or even use UL lettering to put a big giant proposal on the mirror (the ring embellishment is on me for anyone who wants to do this!). Of course, at these prices, you can do one for each of the kids, too. 

Another way to surprise your Valentine is by putting an expression on her car the night before. Here's one with a frame around it along with initials. How fun to drive around town knowing that someone loves you! Don't be surprised to see her friends' husbands or boyfriends giving yours dirty looks for making them look bad. And you didn't even have to spend a fortune! 



Another advantage to an early-in-the-day Valentine's surprise? Your Valentine will know right off the bat that your loving gesture must be reciprocated and has all day to come up with something wonderful enough so he can save face. Of course, he'll say he had it planned all along. That's what they always say!

UL Tip: Don't forget a bottle of Mistick to make your glass installation much easier. Allow enough time for it to dry!

Stuck for ideas? Contact me for help with a custom design. 

For more Valentine's Day photos and ideas, visit my public Valentine's Day Album on Facebook.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin