Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bailey's Room: Old Hollywood Glamour


Korina, one of my fabulous hostesses, is a busy mom of 4, wife, daughter, friend and elementary school teacher. This woman goes nonstop! She also has a love of words and a great eye for decor, which is great for her lucky daughter, Bailey.

While Korina was home for Winter Break, Bailey's room got a dramatic makeover! As Bailey heads into her teens, her room needs to reflect her more grown up taste. With dark furniture and photos of Marilyn Monroe already in the space, Korina knew exactly what she wanted to add.  She started with a custom Marilyn Monroe quote in one of our newer fonts, Satisfaction. Korina has become quite a pro at using the MyDesign Suite on my website to create custom expressions. The quote she chose is perfect for a teenager's room, I think, especially when insecurities creep in. She placed it on a narrower space above the closet, where Bailey will see it from her bed. The space doesn't lend itself to most decorating options, but UL lettering fits it beautifully.
The focal point of Bailey's room is her bed, featuring pale grays and pinks. Korina set it off by adding our Grande Chandelier in Matte Black. The color pops on the soft gray walls, but doesn't distract the eye from the color on the bed. Elegant and glamorous, it's a wonderful addition above Bailey's headboard. 

The finished room is a gorgeous space for Bailey to hang out. The decor Korina picked is sure to please for many years. I don't foresee Bailey outgrowing this room any time soon. In fact, I can think of several adults who would love a room like this. Oh, and did I mention the fabulous deal Korina got on all this vinyl (and much more) by hosting an Uppercase Living party just before the holidays? She got much of her order absolutely FREE.

I'd like to thank Korina for allowing me to share these photos of her beautiful work. I'm so pleased that I got to be involved in a small way in helping create Bailey's room. I can't wait to show you what else Korina has planned!

You can see more photos of Bedroom Decor in my public Facebook album.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin