Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

One of the most fun things about Uppercase Living is taking a blank wall and using custom lettering and embellishments to totally personalize it. Another fun thing is getting to work with lovely people to create something special for their environments. Yesterday I got to do both of these things.

I visited brand new parents and their beautiful 10 day old baby, Joshua. About 6 weeks ago, I had done an Uppercase Living baby shower for this mom-to-be. Last week she called me to help her design something unique for the nursery's wall. Being with them brought back all the memories of the first days home with a newborn: sleepless nights, breakfast at 11:00 a.m., and an overwhelming feeling of tiredness that is only overshadowed by raging hormones and endless love for the new baby that has just joined your family.

The new mom and dad asked me to create a design for the nursery's wall that incorporates Joshua's name as well as some turtles or frogs. We settled on the color scheme and I came home to get to work. I sent them four design choices this morning. I'm not sure which is my favorite; probably a combination of a couple of the designs. The great thing is that we can mix and match and change the design until it's exactly what my clients want. I love knowing that no one else will have exactly what baby Joshua will in his nursery.

Which design would you choose? Stay tuned to learn which one Joshua's parents picked. And if you think you might like to help people design one-of-a-kind expressions to personalize their homes, consider becoming an Uppercase Living demonstrator. I'd love to tell you how you can have a job you love too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin