Monday, November 1, 2010

The Gratitude Tree: A Beautiful Reminder for Thanksgiving and Year-Round




 By far my favorite item in our Holiday Mini Celebrations Catalog is our Gratitude Tree with dry-erase leaves. I do love everything in the catalog, and the holiday products in our main catalogs, but I find this one particularly meaningful, and so does my family.

The Gratitude Tree entered our home in late September when I got my first shipment from the Holiday Mini. My (thankfully tall) husband helped me put it up and my daughter started putting the dry erase pieces on the leaves. We decorated our tree exactly the way we wanted, with several leaves falling as if a strong wind had shaken them loose. I pulled out my set of dry-erase pens and immediately wrote all 3 kids' names on some leaves. Then I told my family it was their turn to start filling more leaves with things they're thankful for.

I was instantly touched and surprised at their responses. I expected answers like "M&Ms" and "ice cream." But I loved hearing them come up with "my family," "school," and even "God."




I loved the insights I got into my kids' minds, and knowing that they don't take for granted some of the things that are so important in our family. Even my husband, who's not always the biggest fan of "stickers on the wall," is really enjoying this special item.


One of the best things about Uppercase Living is the ability to completely personalize your home. The Gratitude Tree not only adds personalization to your home, I think it also adds meaning. I can definitely see this item being a year-round addition to a kitchen or family room. Of course, it's just the thing for the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. If you're hosting Thanksgiving this year, I suggest displaying this tree prominently either in your entry, kitchen or dining room and having the dry-erase pens handy for your guests to write down what they are thankful for. And if you're going to be a guest for Thanksgiving, consider taking this for your hostess. For the price of a nice bottle of wine, you can take a meaningful gift that will be a conversation starter this year and a reminder of your thoughtfulness for years to come. Don't wait to order this exceptional Uppercase Living product. It's only available for a limited time, and you'll want to start enjoying it as soon as possible.

Uppercase Living Tip: After you complete filling out your Gratitude Tree, take a photo. You'll love going back after a few years and watching how your family's thoughts and the things they are thankful for will change.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin